Content marketing is the strategic marketing approach of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action – Joe Pulizzi
Are you up to speed with developing a content marketing plan. Can you compete with your rivals efforts? Hubspot recently joined forces with Smart Insights and surveyed over 2,600 marketers across Europe to see how they’ve been adjusting to the new era of content marketing and content planning. Did you know it’s predicted that 60% of B2C marketers and 54% of B2B marketers are increasing their spend in content marketing in 2014 (according to Hubspot). Download the full report here.
7 Steps to Success : Competing With Content Marketing
Use the Infographic below to plan out your content marketing activities in 2014 – courtesy of Hubspot and SmartInsights (a winning combination for expert inbound marketing advice and metrics!).
- Step 1 – Benchmark
- Step 2 – Develop a Content Marketing Strategy
- Step 3 – Understand customer and brand needs from content
- Step 4 – Can you compete given level of investment in content curation/advertising?
- Step 5 – Use best mix of resources inhouse and agency
- Step 6 – Create the best content format – use the Content Marketing Matrix
- Step 7 – Use analytics to review your return on investment.
Infographic by hubspot.com.