Looking for a content strategist to carry out a content audit & develop a lead generating content strategy?
- Content Strategy
- Content Audit
- Content Curation & Development
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is an internet marketing tactic that delivers value as part of an online marketing and public relations strategy. Real juicy, informative, entertaining, valuable, high-quality content is the cornerstone of effective SEO. Content marketing is….
“The art of understanding exactly what your customers need to know and delivering it to them in a relevant and compelling ways” – Joe Pulizzi & Newt Barrett
“Our goal is simple: to give people the most relevant answers to their queries as quickly as possible. This requires constant tuning of our algorithms, as new content—both good and bad—comes online all the time.” – Google Webmaster Blog, from the Panda Announcement
What is Content Marketing Strategy?
Content marketing strategy starts with a complete website and competitive audit to uncover content gaps that exist in the user and search engine funnels. This should then be followed by a complete keyword analysis to uncover new valuable keyword sets that are valued by the user, and which align with the brand’s values and goals. Only after these steps are taken should quality content and research papers be written.
The creation of a content marketing strategy that talks to your target audience plays a key role in your online marketing plan.
Here are some of the content marketing tactics you could use. The trick is choosing the right ones for your audience. The ones in bold are arguably the ones increasingly used in content marketing today:-
- Article Marketing
- Case Studies
- Digital Newsletters
- Images & Infographics
- Interactive Tools
- Mobile Applications
- Mobile Content
- News Release
- Online Conferences
- Online Magazines
- Print Magazines
- Print Newsletters
- Real-World Events
- Research & Surveys
- Social Content
- Teleclass & Telecasts
- Traditional Media
- White Papers
How to create compelling content
Content Marketing Related articles
- Why is an online content marketing strategy important? (marketing.yell.com)
- Inbound Marketing & SEO – Seize Opportunity or Resist Change (searchenginewatch.com)
- The quick anatomy to content marketing (inc blogging) [Mike Morrison] (ecademy.com)
- Why Content Marketing (as a term) Is All the Rage (gabrielcatalano.com)
- There’s a New King in Town and it Happens to be Content Marketing (sjccopywritingsolutions.wordpress.com)
- The Best SEO, Social + Content Strategy: Thought Leadership (seomoz.org)
- A Match Made In Heaven: Social Media and Content Marketing (contently.com)
- Whiteboard Friday – Article Marketing + Submission for SEO (seomoz.org)
I can help you create SEO friendly quality content that drives traffic and leads. Get in touch now…