Social Media Resources
I’ve been researching the Internet for quite a while now getting to know who are the best tweeters, bloggers, internet marketing sites and working out which books are best to buy. There are so many free resources available it’s so not necessary to reinvent the wheel. As a start i’d recommend you check out the links below as a sure fire way to get crackin with digital marketing and social media….
- Hubspot inbound marketing blog – Marketing Resources for small businesses: strategic Internet marketing tips, Internet marketing whitepapers, Internet marketing webinars, and links to much more.
- Social Media Examiner – Social Media Examiner is a free online magazine designed to help businesses discover how to best use social media tools like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Mashable – Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube.
- Duct tape marketing blog – Small business marketing coaching and consulting ideas and strategies that are simple, effective and affordable.
Amber Naslands EBook: Getting a Foothold in Social Media (PDF)
This video is by Chris Brogan, author of the book Trust Agents and known in the social media world as the social media ‘Elvis’. Chris shares his advice to businesses starting with social media.
Steve Rubel, Senior Vice President at Edelman Digital shares some excellent tips
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Facebook Fan Page: This article reveals 5 ways to use the power of Facebook to grow your fan base.
- How to Engage Facebook Fan Page ‘Fans’: Tips on how to create Facebook fan page engagement by sharing quality, relevant content and comments.
- : Tamar from Techipedia article outlining a few steps to creating a great Facebook fan page. She goes over the idea of creating a landing page, Facebook SEO, and FBML.
- Who’s Blogging What: 2010 Facebook Page Marketing Guide : This guide goes over everything from creating a fan page to building a loyal following.
- Use Vanity URLs : Once you have your Facebook fan page ready, make sure you brand it and add a vanity url.
Getting started on Twitter
- 8 Simple Steps to Growing a Quality Twitter Following: Tweet plans help businesses to brand their Twitter presence with keywords for stronger social media marketing.
- Get More From Twitter: Here are 9 Twitter benefits all businesses should consider when crafting their social media marketing plans.
- 5 Creative Ways To Use Your Twitter Favorites: Creative social media marketing with your favorite tweets using the “Favorite” user button on Twitter.
- Top 5 Ways to Market Your Business With LinkedIn: Market your business on LinkedIn with LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn Answers, LinkedIn Events, LinkedIn Advanced Search to create a sales funnel in just a few hours a week.
- Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn: This is a review of the book LinkedIn For Dummies by Joel Elad. Published in 2008 by Wiley Publishing, Inc.
- 6 Powerful LinkedIn Marketing Tips for Small Businesses: Six useful tips for businesses to get more out of LinkedIn, the professional social media network.
- Top 10 Easy Steps to Starting a Business Blog: Guidelines to build a business blog an essential marketing tool. Learn how to create credibility and high web visibility to engage and build your business.
- 6 Blog Add-Ons That Spur Social Media Activity: A review of 6 add-ons & WordPress plugins for social proof, engagement, and to encourage readers to comment and share your blog content with their tribes.
- 13 Ideas to Inspire Your Blog Content: Blogging basics: Use these content ideas to save you time and stimulate new ideas to maintain a regular blogging schedule.
Source : Social Media Examiner