Carrying out a comprehensive SEO audit is a detailed process that is your first step in developing a digital marketing plan. An audit involves many steps including competitor analysis, keyword research, meta data creation, technical reports and usually a full report/project plan to bring it all together.
If you just want to get a feel for what needs improving on your website you might want to do a quick spotcheck. If so…It’s a good idea to have a basic checklist to follow. This is where this nifty infographic from Search Engine Journal comes in. See the full article at The 20 minute SEO Audit Infographic : Search Engine Journal
SEO audit tools
If you feel like giving DIY SEO a shot here are some of my favourite Web review and SEO tools. Try them & let me know which ones you like the best…
- Open site explorer – Use to see how many other sites link back to your site. The higher the better!
- Hubspot marketing grader – Use to see how well you are doing across 3 critical areas of your marketing.
- Woorank – For an instant website review
- SheerSEO – Online SEO software that automates your SEO efforts, including rank tracking and link building.
- Screaming Spider Frog – The Screaming Frog SEO Spider allows you to quickly analyse, audit and review a site from an onsite SEO perspective
- Raven Tools – Raven Internet Marketing Tools is an online platform that helps users quickly research, manage, monitor and report on SEO, social media and other Internet marketing campaigns.
- Advancedwebranking.com – Complete SEO Software. Ranking, Linking, Analytics.
If you are looking for an affordable SEO audit on your website take a look at our SEO packages for small businesses or request a free mini digital marketing audit.