Every one’s doing it. Writing up top SEO and Social media tips for 2010 that is. So I’ve joined the collective and added my own two penny worth below. Scroll down to bottom for links to quality links to the best SEO and Social Media tips of 2010 on the web so far (to be updated!) :-
Top Social Media tips 2010
As well as being on the main social media platforms facebook, twitter, linkedin Boardreader to find forums by topic.Re-purpose your most useful content in multiple formats (audio, visual, copy & video) to reach more people and syndicate it across different platforms. Most people use a multitude of sites and don’t forget forums and online communities – they are big! Use
The same traditional Marketing Communications apply to social media: know your audiences; have a strategic plan; listen, learn and change course if it’s not working. The biggest thing I’ve learn this year is to be authentic, don’t be afraid and spend time cultivating relationships.
Last but not least, follow Forrester’s advice don’t use auto DM’s on Twitter people hate them!
Top SEO tips 2010
Apart from downloading (and studying!) Google’s SEO starter guide updated for 2010 subscribe to SEOMoz blog it’s a wealth of SEO information, see the top SEOMoz posts of 2010 and download the MozBar toolbar the ultimate SEO tool.
If you have video content on your site make sure you create a video XML sitemap.
Top SEO, Social Media & Internet Marketing tips of 2010 – Roundup
- 2010 in review: What our 10 most popular posts say about the year in social media – Smartblog on social media
- Hubspot Social Media Marketing hub – excellent resource!
- SEOMoz top SEO posts 2010 – by the number of thumbs up
- Most retweeted tweets of 2010 – Mashable
- Top business blogging tips – from build a better blog (Denise Wakeman – the blog squad)
- Facebook video marketing tips 2010 – Reel SEO
- 10 best Social Mobile apps of 2010 – The Next Web
- Social media examiner – in my view the best social media blog to subscribe to (along Mashable!)
- Top SEO tips for Google Chrome in 2010
and some predictions for 2011
- 4 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2011 – Tim Ferriss @Mashable
- 5 simple Social media predictions for 2011 – Likeable media
- 5 Predictions for Small Business in 2011 – Mashable
- Social Media 2011: Privacy Puzzles, Search Will Stick Around – Gigaom