WordPress is the world’s most popular web design platform and this course takes you through the basics covering all the most useful features WordPress offers in 2016. Our 1 day WordPress training course will give you the confidence and knowledge to create and manage a great WordPress website.
WordPress training course outline
- Time 10am – 4pm
- Please bring a laptop (PC or Mac) as the course is very ‘hands-on’
- All participants will get copies of the training materials and a course manual
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or how to improve your existing site.
- No experience required.
- Build a great looking website with WordPress with expert guidance.
Who is this course for?
People or teams who want to create and manage a website using the WordPress Content Management System and learn more about the power of this flexible platform.
- Set up WordPress website
- Configure WordPress Templates
- Build, update and manage a Website or Blog using WordPress
- Add and configure WordPress Plug-ins
- Manage Users and WordPress Site Administration
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website in 20 mins
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- An overview of content management in WordPress
- Adding content to Posts & Pages
- Managing Links
- Using categories and tags
- Managing comments
How to make your site look good with WordPress themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- How to install themes
- Recommended themes
How to add WordPress plugins
- Overview of plugins
- How to install plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
Search engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- How to use SEO friendly url’s
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- Google Analytics
- How to make sure your WordPress website is secure
- How to back up your WordPress website
How to take advantage of social media
- How to share your content on social networks
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter (Mailchimp)
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
1-1 coaching or onsite training
This course can be run in-company and we can tailor the content to your requirements. We regularly provide training in Brighton and London. After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new).
Course Cost – £145
Plus travelling expenses.
Download WordPress Course outline.
We can also design your website in WordPress
Pushed for time? We’ll help you build a simple WordPress website yourself (saving you money) or we can do it for you (saving you time). We can also optimise your site for search, set up Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, provide website maintenance and many other extras.