Are you are small business already using WordPress, but don’t know how to manage, update or publish new content? Our WordPress training course or workshops will show you how to fully manage the site yourself.
Are you are thinking of creating a website using WordPress or another content management system? We’ll explain the pros and cons of other platforms and take you through the process step by step.
Maybe you already have Wix, Weebly or Squarespace website that’s not looking great or driving web traffic. We’ll explain how to move to WordPress so your website is SEO friendly, responsive and meets Google guidelines.
WordPress is the world’s most popular web design platform and this course takes you through the basics covering all the most useful features WordPress offers. Our 1 day WordPress training course will give you the confidence and knowledge to create and manage a great SEO friendly WordPress website in no time.
WordPress training course outline – 1 day
- Time 10am – 4pm
- Please bring a laptop (PC or Mac) as the course is very ‘hands-on’
- All participants will get copies of the training materials and a course manual
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or how to improve your existing site.
- No experience required.
- Build a great looking website with WordPress with expert guidance.
Who is this course for?
Small businesses, Freelancers or teams who want to create and manage a website using the WordPress Content Management System and learn more about the power of this incredibly flexible web platform.
- Set up a WordPress website
- Configure WordPress Templates
- Build, update and manage a Website or Blog using WordPress
- Add and configure WordPress Plug-ins
- Manage Users and WordPress Site Administration
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website in 20 mins
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- An overview of content management in WordPress
- Adding content to Posts & Pages
- Managing Links
- Using categories and tags
- Managing comments
How to make your site look good with WordPress themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- How to install themes
- Recommended themes
How to add WordPress plugins
- Overview of plugins
- How to install plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
Search engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- How to use SEO friendly URL’s
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta titles and descriptions to your content to improve ranking
- Setting up Google Analytics
- How to make sure your WordPress website is secure
- How to back up your WordPress website
How to take advantage of social media
- How to share your content on social networks
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter (Mailchimp)
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
Why choose us?
There are lots of training providers in Brighton and Hove who deliver one size fits all WordPress Training. In fact, if you book onto a local course provided by a training provider it’s probably Webyogi who will train you but at much more expensive rates. We have developed many WordPress websites for clients from all different sectors. We’ve also managed large scale websites like the Brighton and Hove Council and Royal Pavilion websites. We are not novices we’ll train you in WordPress but add so much more value due to our 20 years of experience in digital marketing, SEO, Content marketing and running hugely successful social media campaigns for big brands.
1-1 bespoke web design tuition, Skype coaching or on site training – take your pick!
Our WordPress course can be run in-company and we can completely tailor the content to your requirements. We regularly provide training in Brighton and London for leading training providers so we know our onions. After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You may want to learn via Skype online in short bursts or meet for a coffee to go through your web design and business plan with a digital marketing expert. Please contact us to discuss your requirements or fill out the contact form below.
Download WordPress Course outline.
We can also design your website in WordPress
Pushed for time? We’ll coach you build a simple WordPress website yourself (saving you money) or we can do it for you (saving you time). We can also optimise your site for search, set up Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, provide website maintenance and many other extras.